Emergent Visualization Capabilities
Emergent has the expertise, software, and services to meet a wide variety of 3D visualization needs for scientific and engineering applications. We used the OpenFrames 3D interactive visualization API to implement advanced visualizations for multiple NASA and DOD projects. Our visualization-related core competencies include:
- Visualizing spacecraft trajectories and mission design scenarios
- Adding visualizations to existing or new analysis and operations software
- Using Virtual Reality (VR) for immersive visualizations
- Visualizing data that is generated in real time
- Visualizing massive point cloud datasets (billions of points)
- Using interactive visualizations to edit simulation parameters (e.g. Visual Interactive Trajectory Design)
Our visualizations can be seen in several scientific and engineering applications, including:
- The Copernicus Trajectory Design and Optimization System: We provide visualization development, integration, and testing support for the OpenFrames-based visualizations within Copernicus.
- The General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT): We developed the OpenFramesInterface plugin for GMAT, which uses OpenFrames to provide state-of-the-art visualization capabilities.
- PointCloudsVR: This tool, which was created by NASA and uses the VR capabilities that we added to OpenFrames, enabled scientists to discover never-before-seen star groups.
- Avatar VR: We developed Avatar to showcase our ability to collect, transmit, process, and visualize point cloud data in real time using a VR-driven visualization.
- OSIRIS-REx Survey Phase: A simulation of the survey phase of NASA’s currently-operating OSIRIS-REx mission. This was created in GMAT using the OpenFramesInterface, and showcases precision animation and time control.